List:       koffice
Subject:    Database in KOffice?
From:       "Harvey Clowers" <hclowers () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2001-11-23 15:51:32

Hello.

I am migrating from Windows 2000 and all other Microshaft software early in AD 2002.

Also, I will, very sadly, need to migrate from Lotus SmartSuite (a sweet/suite \
holdover from my days as an OS/2 Warp user), as well. I have some important databases \
in Lotus Approach, and spreadsheets in 1-2-3, that I will need to convert to a Linux \
counterpart.

Does KOffice have a database? And if so, can it convert Lotus approach files? Can it \
convert Lotus 1-2-3 files? And please, take this opportunity to tell me why I should \
consider using your product over, say, SUN's StarOffice?

Thank you for your time and attention, and happy holidays!