List:       koffice
Subject:    Big print problem with kword
From:       Julien Olivier <jo () villafrance ! com>
Date:       2001-11-22 16:16:42

Hi

I suppose I'm not the first to have this problem but I ask.

I've been printing using kword (KDE-2.2.1 on mdk 8.1) for a while correctly
(mainly using helvetica).

Then, I suppressed Helvetica font with Drakfont and re-installed it via
kfontinstaller in userland from kcontrol.

Now, all the letters are one on the other and sometimes, big parts of texts
don't even appear when I use the postscript previsualizer before printing.

If I write the same text into kwrite using the same font, no problem. It just
prints fine. The same with kspread and konqueror.

So, it comes from kword.

More over, when trying to change the font in kword, it takes ages to display
the fonts in the selector and seems to freeze the whole KDE during 5-6
seconds !

I read some threads about such a problem but that always finished by saying
"it's a font problem, try to use better fonts". But it's not true, it's a
kword bug because those fonts work fine on other kde-based applications. Is
there something specific to kword in the font management ?

--
Julien Olivier