List:       koffice
Subject:    Sharp Linux/Java PDA - Request for your participation
From:       "Taiji Hirose" <hirose.taiji () sharp ! co ! jp>
Date:       2001-11-21 12:50:44

Dear KOffice Team,

This is Taiji Hirose of Sharp's Linux/Java PDA  project team
in Japan.
Please first accept my apology for sending this message for
all of the sudden.

As you may have heard by media, Sharp released new PDA
<SL-5000D> based on Linux/Java architecture, on which
Qt/Embedded (API compatible with Qt) is implemented as
GUI toolkit for Linux application and Jeode, a JVM that is fully
compatible with PersonalJava1.2 specifications.
<Developers' Site: http://developer.sharpsec.com>

Sharp will be exhibiting this new PDA at W-CES 2002, highlighting
variety of application software that runs on our device.

We have found you and your application software on , and found
it very interesting and attractive for our new Linux/Java PDA.
We very much like to highlight your application software in
SHARP booth at W-CES 2002, and we very much appreciate
your participating this activity by porting your application to our
new PDA or developing new similar application for our new PDA.

Though we will not be able to financially reward you for your activity,
we are ready to lend you our new PDA unit not only to assist your
activity, but also for your long-term try-outs. (as our product monitor,
for a half year.)

If you are interested in being a part of this opportunity, please
fulfill the following form and send it back to us. Once we have
your message, we will arrange a shipment of our new Linux/Java
PDA for you and inform you of a detailed schedule and so on.

=== APPLICATION FORM ==============================
name:
address:
phone:
(These are needed in order for us to send you new Linux PDA)
email:
type of application:
license:
comments:

Thank you very much for your cooperation, and look forward to
your favorable reply.

Sincerely,

Taiji Hirose
B103 PROJECT TEAM