List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord: Printing
From:       Mike Richardson <mike () quaking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-11-19 11:53:08

On Monday 19 November 2001 10:18 am, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Those Postscript files both don't contain any fonts, and the positioning of
> the text is described by telling the complete width of the string (a string
> is one line in the ps file between ()). This width is calculated too small,
> and thus the result is the comressed text.  The same for the vertical
> distance.
>
> Could the person with the errorous version please check if in KWord the
> font is a bitmapped font by enlarging the document to 500% and checking if
> the egdes are really ugly.

I enlarged up to 2000%, the fonts are still nice and smooth

> (If it is then I have no idea how to fix it)
> If that is OK, then I want to find out which font it is, and see if there
> is a .afm (kerning) file present for that font. But without hacking QT to
> display debugging I have no idea how to do that... Ideas anyone?
> Last; could you check that in your XFConfig file all paths leading to
> vector fonts are also in your XftConfig file?

The XFConfig file has fontpath set to "unix/:7100" (there is a comment
immediately above to the effect that RH6.0 and later use a font server - I'm
in RH7.1)

I also tried renaming XftConfig out of the way, but no change.

One other effect I just noticed (this is KWord 1.1, KDE2.2.1)

I open a new empty kword document, select times 11pt and type some stuff; the
characters about 90% of the height of the cursor. When i click the preview
button, the characters all shrink a bit, to about 66% of the cursor height
(approx, I mean like two-thirds-ish)

Mike

--
mike@quaking.demon.co.uk