List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: very strange handling of Outline and Fill in Kontour [related to SVG icons!]
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-11-16 3:25:57

On Thursday 15 November 2001 22:03, Manuel Amador wrote:
|   Is there a case for different size icons for KDE if we\'re using
| antialiased SVG icons?  How many sets for how many different sizes should
| then be needed?

we need *one* set of icons - SVG is vector-based format.
Depending on anti-alising quality, you may still want to have PNG (pixmap)
icons for 16x16 and (may be) 22x22.
But if AA is reasonably good for such SVG files, there will be no need for
pixmaps.
Anyway, it can be 9and should be) configurable, choice is up to packager.

P.S. of course rendered, anti-aliased images can be cahced on client's
machine.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)