List:       koffice
Subject:    OT: ViaVoice [Re: Kivio Stencil improvement]
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-11-15 17:46:20

On Thursday 15 November 2001 02:38, Shawn Gordon wrote:
|   At 06:12 PM 11/14/2001, you wrote:
|
|   >If it is indeed Open Source, then you might want to make that visible on
|   > your website to provide such misunderstandings.
|
|   Look at the description of the product.  It includes Sketch (totally
| free) an .sml export filter and a user guide.  We never really thought
| people would get their panties all in a wade about a small piece of added
| Python code.  You know, it's these kinds of conversations that just keep
| pushing companies like us and IBM away (ever wonder why the ViaVoice stuff
| hasn't been released?).  It seems no one cares about code anymore, they

AFAIK Linux-Mandrake ProSuite (or how it's called) has ViaVoice bundled.
So, ViaVoice for Linux was released, but channel is different from "available
from FTP site".
And, to my best knoledge, IBM was not trying to promote ViaVoice on KOffice
mailing list, while it wil be funny and I'd like to see that ;-)

Anyway, I would not compare ViaVoice and Stencil Builder - it's just like
comparing Boeing aircraft and bicycle,
IBM's investment in ViaVoice is enermous, and I, personally, would not mind
*buying* it  (if I really need it)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)