List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kivio Stencil improvement
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2001-11-15 2:38:39

At 06:12 PM 11/14/2001, you wrote:
>On Thursday 15 November 2001 01:22, Shawn Gordon wrote:
>
> > Please know what you are talking about before you make a comment like that
> > - there is nothing closed source about the stencil builder, it is an open
> > source toolkit, it uses Sketch for the most part and an addon that we built
> > for it and the documentation.
>
>As there is no specific licensing information about the stencil builder
>available, I have to assume the terms of
>http://www.thekompany.com/products/licensing.php3 apply. That doesn't look
>very Open Source to me. Compare this with
>http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.html and tell me again I don't know
>what I'm talking about.

please show me the link on
http://www.thekompany.com/products/kivio/stencilbuilder.php3?PHPSESSID=fa31ab5423f99ca1d5d26f5221c0f9fe
that has the link to the license.  that license is used for *some* of our
products, and we specify which ones on their page.

>If it is indeed Open Source, then you might want to make that visible on your
>website to provide such misunderstandings.

Look at the description of the product.  It includes Sketch (totally free)
an .sml export filter and a user guide.  We never really thought people
would get their panties all in a wade about a small piece of added Python
code.  You know, it's these kinds of conversations that just keep pushing
companies like us and IBM away (ever wonder why the ViaVoice stuff hasn't
been released?).  It seems no one cares about code anymore, they just care
about having licensing conversations - what waste of time and intellect.