List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Universal function naming
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-09 23:27:42

On Samedi 10 Novembre 2001 00:04, Thomas Zander wrote:
> It makes sense, but as I said 2 days ago you are missing one thing;
> if I (the dutch user) enter =SOM there is no way the application can find
> out I am trying to tell it =&12
>
> You would have to make a completely new translation system as the current
> one does not provide 2 way tranlations.

Why ? Just create a list of function names with all the English names,
translate them all (using the standard i18n mechanism), keep the result
in a list, and when the user enters =SOM, go through that list to find
out if that's a known translated name. Ok, would be more efficient with
a map, but you get the idea.

No need for "a new translation system".

This idea makes sense - but it doesn't lead to anything unless someone
implements it ;)

David.