List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Printing from KWord 1.1 (using KDE 2.2.1)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-11-09 23:00:55

Hi people,

You all seem to be suffering from exactly the same problems with KWord printing.

After looking at the information you all provided I can only come to one conclusion
which is that you all use vector fonts and you all use free fonts. I am afraid
your problems are based on bad quality fonts.

Before you start burning down SuSe or RedHat on this let me tell you that fonts
are expensive things; buy a Helvetica from Adobe and it will cost you about about
25.99 USD (see http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_934.html)

The best solve is to install correct fonts, the Microsoft free  downloadable
fonts are a good bet, and if you want to print professionaly you might consider
buying them.

Notice that KOffice and QT will continue to fine tune their printing algoritms
and maybe in the next version the problems with fonts will be solved, but I can't
make any guarantees since I don't write that ;)