List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: KDatabase for KOffice
From:       "Lukas Smith" <smith () dybnet ! de>
Date:       2001-10-31 16:37:55

I think something like this could much more easily done once KDE 3.0 is
released

As far as I understand this already includes the necessary libraries to
support many different db's

Then "all" you would have to do is write a front-end that makes use of
the library

The db installer to use can then be distributed seperatly ... this would
allow users to have a choice as to what db backend they want

If you want to make use of the advanced/specific functionality of a
given db it would be great if this kde frontend could be extended with
these features by the db installer ... then these features will
automagically appear in the front end ...

Lukas Smith
smith@dybnet.de
 DybNet Internet Solutions GbR
 Alt Moabit 89