List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KPresenter Notes
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-23 20:54:21

On Mardi 23 Octobre 2001 21:24, David Goodenough wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2001 9:29 am, David Faure wrote:
> > On Mardi 23 Octobre 2001 09:08, David Goodenough wrote:
> > > I recently tried KPresenter, and it worked very well at producing the
> > > actual foils.  However with all previous presentation packages I have
> > > used there has been a capability to produce notes attached to each foil,
> > > and then to print these below the foil.  Have I missed the facility, or
> > > are there plans to add this later?
> >
> > This isn't available in KPresenter currently.
> > It might come one day in the future - as soon as someone does it ;)
> Are there any place holders/hooks or guidance as to where to start?

I think the first step is to redesign kpresenter around a Page object
(the current class named Page is like KWord's KWCanvas, i.e. it's a single
canvas that goes from the top of the first page to the bottom of the last one).
This leads to many wrong sideeffects, like: if you change the page size
to be bigger, you end up with objects from the next pages to be appear on
your page, and the other way round.
Once each page is an instance of some class, that class can also hold notes
information.... and then KPresenter can use a concept like kword's KWViewmode,
to support multiple visualisation modes. Much work to be done ;)

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops