List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice & the future for LinuxNews
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-16 13:13:09

On Mardi 16 Octobre 2001 10:27, Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter and I write for LinuxJournal and
> LinuxNews in the Netherlands. Currently I'm writing an article for
> LinuxNews on office packages  for the Linux Platform. For this I'm also
> evaluating your package and noticed the significant changes against the
> previous version. To get the story straight I was wondering a couple of
> things:
> 1. what are your plans for the immediate future with the package?

There will be a KOffice 1.1.1 release with bugfixes for the 1.1. version.
Then there'll be a KOffice 1.2 based on Qt3 and KDE3.

> 2. Is there also a release schedule similar to KDE and if so when is the
> next version available?

No schedule yet - too busy bugfixing things ;)
1.1.1 is for this year though, that's for sure.

> 3. Are you also looking at a database solution to integrate in KOffice?

Yes, no, maybe. Not me personnally, but others are ;)
See the archives for this list (http://lists.kde.org). There are various
database solutions being developed concurrently, but none of them
is part of KOffice yet.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops