List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Proposal for new table-implementation in KWord
From:       Nash Hoogwater <nrhoogwater () planet ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-16 8:36:58

On Tuesday 16 October 2001 10:01, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 11:23:44PM +0200, Nash Hoogwater wrote:
> > OK finally got time to compile kde3alpha1 and koffice from HEAD :-).

> > > Yep, I do that now ;)
> >
> > I am not getting this beheavior...I still have adjusters around the
> > individual cells not the entire table.
>
> Hmm, I don't see how this behavior implies adjusters around the table,
> what is it excactly that you want, I can't find a consistent manner how
> this will work unless you make tables behave completely different from
> normal frames.

I think I just misunderstood you when you said that you did that already. So
I'll let it go :-).

> > > I do that, but I also adjust the size of the borders which means the
> > > border is drawn correctly both on screen and on paper. Well it needs
> > > some work, but that is the idea ;)
> >
> > OK, about the borders: when adding the default table I don't have an
> > upper border for the entire table. Btw. the borders do look good now when
> > zoomed in
> >
> > :-).
>
> Update, I fixed that yesterday :)

Ah I see, I just compiled.

> If you find time; the join and the split methods still have to be adjusted
> to the new style of working.

Could you give me a bit of a hint on what the new style of working is,
because it is a lot of code :-). The problem that exists right now, for as
far as I can see, is that there is a merge (in the of merging) of the cells,
but the size of the cells/table is messed up.

Greetings,

Nash Hoogwater

P.S. Are there plans for an "auto-format" for tables?