List:       koffice
Subject:    Re:Re: Free Bengali font under development (was Re: KOffice - Kpresenter - are they bugs?)
From:       "Duvvuri Venu Gopal" <venugopal_duvvuri () rediffmail ! com>
Date:       2001-10-06 12:24:55

Dear Shaheed

I am impressed with your spirit. Basically I am not a programmer. I am an user only. \
Though I am interest with Linux and following it up since the first PCQuest release \
till a week back I could not install it to see it. Only a week back I could lay hands \
on a new comp where I can install Linux.

I am also of the same opinion that if a fraction of our young computer \
learners/programmers can contribute we will be able to work in Indian languages on a \
Linux machine.

The CDAC of Pune already developed ALP - Apex Language Processor (character based) \
for DOS and UNIX based computers may be they can port it to Linux.

If we start this type of interactions then only others will join us - Keep in mind \
our Linus Trevold, who initiated the Linux with a small message on posix.

With Regards

VenuGopal

P.S. : If you teach how to programme then I will try it for Telugu language.