List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Application Developer
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-10-06 10:11:44

Hello Arlen,

your resume looks good, and the amount of work that exists for a programmer
with your skills is great. Consider yourself hired!

The KDE community (not realy a company) exists of many exciting technologies
that you are free to choose from. You have written this email to the koffice
email list, and I myself work mostly on KWord. Take a look at all these websites;
    http://www.kde.org
    http://www.koffice.org
    http://developer.kde.org

The last contains a list of all email adresses for the mailing lists, you
can subscribe to the ones that you are interested in.

There is just one thing I have to tell you, there is no company and no payroll.
We all (myself included) work for the fun of it, and the satisfaction of being
able to use better and better software on our computers. So don't expect to be
paid or to get a position somewhere..

Our strongest selling point is not money, its the absense of it!

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:01:21PM -0700, Arlen A. Greer wrote:

> I've just visited the Konqueror site.   I found your Web address while searching \
> Yahoo, and had a good feeling about there being a potential match.  Please take a \
> look at the text version of my resume, pasted below.  If you have any need for a \
> strong application or database developer, I'd appreciate it if you would reply to \
> this email or call me at (619) 295-3304.  I'm a very fast, very skilled programmer \
> with a ton of references and a large body of existing work available for \
> demonstration online.  I'm  looking for a full time position, but I also enjoy \
> taking on contract jobs when they're available, as they always provide an \
> opportunity for growth.  I look forward to speaking with you.
> Thank you,
>
> -Arlen Greer
>

> --- (resume - also available in MS Word 2000) ----
<snip>