On Mercredi 3 Octobre 2001 09:44, tal wrote: > >On Mercredi 26 Septembre 2001 13:57, tal wrote: > >> Hi, > >> > >> I have a 50 slide presentation that was prepared > >> on Kpresenter (koffice-1.1.0.beta3.5 version). I > >> just installed KDE 2.2.1 (from RH7.1 binary rpms) to > >> find that Kpresenter cannot read my .kpr file. > >> It just displays an error message window with > >> "could not open file: ...", and exits. > >> > >> This is a very long and complicated presentation, > >> which I would hate to have to do from scratch. > >> > >> Can anyone advise? > > >Start kpresenter in a terminal, to see more precise error messages in there. > >(We really have to implement better error reporting than just retval=false!) > >-- > >David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org > >http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/ > >KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today > > The only error messages are > > QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0. > QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0. That's just an unrelated warning. First check your document, using "tar tvzf thedoc.kpr", you should see a "maindoc.xml" and a "documentinfo.xml" at least. Then try with another document (create one from scratch, save, load). Finally, well, I can't see what's happening here with so little information. The best would be to recompile KOffice from sources, to get debug output. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today