List:       koffice
Subject:    KMail suggestions
From:       Richard Garand <richard () krogoth ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2001-09-29 6:19:23

Here's a few suggestions; i've just upgraded to 1.3.1 and this is a major
improvement to my favorite mail program - you guys are far ahead of Outlook
as far as i'm concerned! Thanks for the great program. Thanks to all your
great work, I only have three suggestions left from my original list under
1.2:

- security settings by address: I communicate with a certain group of people,
and we all have pgp/gpg and want to use them to encrypt and sign
communications, but I don't want to encrypt any other emails. It would be
useful to be able to define special settings for each address.
- random sig quotes: I know two people who use mutt and have the quotes at
the end of their sigs change randomly - I can do this myself with the new
signature features, but it would be nice (especially for people who can't
just whip up a perl program) to have this done in the program, although it's
far from important :)
- option to turn off the 'sending still in progress' dialog box: While I was
testing that KMail really can send messages asychronously now, I switched to
a known unreliable SMTP server and, 'fortunately' for me, it's not working.
But that means that every minute (?) a box pops up to tell me it's still
sending. It would also be nice to be able to hide the 'sending' message
status box and just show the status on the statusbar.

Other than that, KMail is the best email program i've ever used. At the rate
you're going, I won't be surprised when version 2.0 replaces the KDE ;)
--
Richard Garand
krogoth2@softhome.net, r.garand@sk.sympatico.ca, richard@krogoth.dyndns.org