List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Help with old RPMS
From:       Joel Hammer <Joel () HammersHome ! com>
Date:       2001-09-27 20:28:52

The filtrex filters that come with wp8 went into demo mode when some
millenial date for unix went by.  Now, they don't work.
You might be able to make them work if you set the clock on your computer
back a few months. I am unwilling to try that.
If you want to spend $189, you can get a license for filtrex filters
directly from them. That might be a good investment for you.
You might try StarOffice 5.2. That is the most reliable linux wordprocessor
I know of that can translate MS office documents (for free.)
The library problem is well known. I will look around in my old email and
try to find the solution I found when I had this problem.
However, if I were a professional writer, I would just use windows and MS
office to read and work on MS documents. It really isn't worth the trouble
to use linux for that purpose.
Joel

Office documents.