List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord buglets
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 18:44:19

On Mercredi 5 Septembre 2001 10:41, Jacek Stolarczyk wrote:
> 1) The underlining line in "underlined text" appeared _very_ thin on the
> printout. It looked OK on the screen so it seems it's not scaled to the
> current resolution

Qt bug... to be checked whether Qt3 improves this.

> 2) The cell borders in a table are not overlapped. I expected to get a
> framed table with lines separating the cells but I got 6 (the
> table was 2x3) separate boxes (rectangles) on the screen and on
> the printout.

Interesting, I thought this was on purpose. Anyway, I don't maintain tables ;)

> 3) The previous test was not fully successful so I put a KSpread part onto
> the document. When the text was edited in a cell the font looked OK (I
> used helvetica) but when I switched to other cell (or moved the focus from
> the kspread part) the font turned into some ugly bitmap scaled font. It
> looked OK on the printout.

Hmm, kspread bug ?

torsten@kde.org

> 6) Is there any way to disable the "activate part on single click"
> behaviour? I would much prefer to have "select on single click" and
> "activate on double click" behaviour. Single click is OK for the desktop
> but I dislike it for part activation.

Ok, I've been much wondering about this. I find single-click-activates a bit
inconvenient too, but I left it in for consistency (being a former Konqueror
developer I have to be consistent with myself !). However in this case
there are many other things in the document for which single click
simply selects, or does nothing as big as activating an embedded part.
I'm all for changing this to double-click-activates, for parts.
Are there any objections to that ?

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/