List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Katabase
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 14:32:37

At 07:35 AM 9/24/2001, you wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Shawn Gordon wrote:
>
> > well the license is one that provides you the source, so I guess you could
> > call it open source.
>
>Does it meet the requirements of the Open Source Definition
>(http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.html)?
>
>You can call it open source only if it does.
>
>LLaP
>bero

*I* don't call it open source.  The basic premise of the license is if you
buy the software, you get the source for your personal use.  You cannot
redistribute the source or repackage and distribute the application.  This
is the compromise between protecting the user and the people who made the
software.