List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: 1.1 installation probs
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-09-20 21:11:30

On Thursday 20 September 2001 12:25, Shane Wright wrote:
|   I've just downloaded the source to 1.1, it configure'd, make'd and 'make
|   installed' fine (only configure option was --with-xinerama).
|
|   Most things work - but kword and kspread moan about this...
|

|   [shivers@shivers shivers]$ kword
|   koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: Office/kword.desktop: no
|   X-KDE-NativeMimeType entry!
|   koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in
|   kword's desktop file. Check your installation !

Hi, Shane!
I don't want to say that I invented this wheel, but...

go to console and run #kbuildsycoca
I had *exactly the same problem* with KWord (KSpread was ok, though), and
this fixed KWord.
Credit for this tip goes to Laurent Montel, who kindly advised this to me.
(I have LM 8.0 here).

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)