List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: 1.1 installation probs
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2001-09-20 19:56:47

Seeing as you are getting desparate, one other possibility comes to mind
under the category of "don't ask me why" :-)

Try deleting all the lines in the kword and kspread .desktop files that have
non-English characters in them for the 'name[xx]' and 'comment[xxxxx]' lines
(in fact, just delete and the 'name' and 'comment' lines bar the defaults).

** BACKUP THOSE .DESKTOP FILES FIRST :-) **

This actually did the trick for me once!

  Don't ask me why! ;-)

Cheers,
Sean

--