List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: 1.1 installation probs
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-09-20 18:44:16

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:20:09PM +0000, Jim George wrote:
> On Thursday 20 Sep 2001 5:55 pm, Shane Wright wrote:
> > I've attached the file that David Faure kindly provided me - there is
> > another post in this thread from him explaining what to do to fix the
> > problem, I've copied it below...
> >
> > --- BEGIN - David Faure
> >
> > Hmm, then it can only be a ksycoca problem.
> > Is kded running (look for a process named "kdeinit: kded") ?
> >
> > Backup your ~/.kde/tmp-$HOSTNAME/ksycoca for debugging purposes
> > (Waldo asks me to ask for this ;), and then run "kbuildsycoca" in a
> > terminal (ignore warnings about duplicate definitions).
> >
> > --- END - David Faure
> >
> > this fixed the problem for me :)
>
> Thanks Shane,
>
> 	I ran the file and tried Davids fix but to no avail.
>
> 	When I executed the configuration check I received the following output,
> can you enlighten me?
>
> ./check_koffice_install.sh
> Found: /home/jgeorge/.kde2/share/applnk/Office/kword.desktop... ****
> KOfficePart not in list of types !
> Service Types: ,
> [Desktop Entry]
> Hidden=true
> Name=empty
>
> Kind Regards,
>

> Jim

Your installation is broken, the KOffice RPM either forgot to install the
service types, or it installed it somewhere where your installation is
not looking.

Do a 'locate kofficepart.desktop' in a shell and then check if the file
is in the same path as your KDE2 installation. (suse puts it in /opt/kde2 IIRC)

If the locate does not give you any results try:
    rpm -ql `rpm -qa | grep koffice | awk -F '-' '{print $1}'` | grep kofficepart.desktop
and again check if the output is in your KDE2 installation.