List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: 1.1 installation probs
From:       Jim George <jg014a8950 () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-20 15:59:39

On Thursday 20 Sep 2001 3:40 pm, Shane Wright wrote:
> > Run the attached script, it makes a few checks for this problem,
> > to find what the problem is.
>
> Thanks, it seems to have completed ok:

I've litterally joined the list in the last hour but already this would
appear to answer my question.

I installed 1.1 from SuSE 7.1 kde 2.2 RPMS.  I didn't try running it until
a day or two ago and received the following rather rude error.

"koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: Office/WordProcessing/kword.desktop:
no X-KDE-NativeMimeType entry! koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't
find the native MimeType in kword's desktop file. Check your installation
!"

I then saw reference to a script that appears to check for this problem.
Can someone send it to me and tell me what they think I need to do in the
likely event that my installation fails the check?

TIA,

Jim