List:       koffice
Subject:    Save Keybinding Options (Formerly MS Office keybinding theme!)
From:       Marc <developer () platinumage ! com>
Date:       2001-09-17 6:29:42

Perhaps to generalize this a bit more, how about the ability to save
different keybinding configurations into config file, and to load them at a
later time.

This way, the package could include by default a "MS-Office Keybinding", a
"KWord Standard" keybinding, a "Wordperfect Keybinding", etc...

This would be stored in a ".kwordkeys" file (?); each would have its own
heading.  The user could save their current settings to this file "save
current keybindings...", or export them to a standalone file so that they can
be imported.  This all coudl be handled with a tab on the existing
keybindings dialog.

To top it off, the first-time user could be prompted to pick their preferred
keybinding package ("Welcome to KWord.  Please select your preferred keyboard
behavior from the list below:")

Geez.  That went on a lot longer than I expected.

Anyway, I'll take the expanded version on if y'all like it (unless you'd
rathe Phil).  Seems like a good project to get my feet wet with...
- Marc