List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice feature and release plan
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-17 14:31:22

On Lundi 17 Septembre 2001 16:11, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Hi!
> Having read the latest review on ZDNet about koffice I have to admit the
> conclusion is rigth, that koffice can't be used in an office environment yet.
> (Although I used it at home exclusively)
>
> I think that everyone is aware of the shortcomings (filters and features) I
> think it would be a good thing  to come up with an internet page explaining
> what koffice users can expect in the near future. Given a timelag of
> something like 6-12 month between taking a strategic decision (for KDE) and
> implementing it, it would be very helpful to know which features are planned
> (as for KDE3). Given the fact that the release plans of KDE have been met
> with an astonishing accuracy during the past  this information would also
> have a high credibility.

And that's why I don't feel like making any release plan yet.
It's very hard to evaluate how much the Qt3 switch broke...
(well, for the better surely, but stuff has changed, that requires changes in kde & koffice).

This list is depressing. Everyone wants features _and_ timelines for those
features, but when it comes to actually patching the code......

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/