List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Automation of Koffice
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-17 10:48:32

On Lundi 17 Septembre 2001 02:51, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Hello guys!
>
> I'm new here.
>
> Is there a way somehow to automate some tasks I do e.g. in KWord like
> I could do it in any office suite with embedded macrolanguage? E.g.
> can I use Python or so?

Yes, using the DCOP interfaces.
Check "kdcop" (from kdebase) to see part of what is available through DCOP.
Since there are python bindings for DCOP, you can use python.
Check out http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html
(found this link on http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/index.html)
and, I just added to developer.kde.org the automation paper by Olaf Zanger,
it should shortly appear as http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/automation/index.html

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/