List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Features that KWord should have
From:       Richard Garand <krogoth2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2001-09-13 18:31:09

On September 12, 2001 04:17 pm, Marc wrote:
> Hmmm - maybe an 'option' that can  be turned off by default?
>
> Even if not this, then at least an easy way to change bullet styles and
> renumbering.  (The only way I've found so far is through the paragraph
> dialog)
Hmmm... time to go out on a tangent here: I think it would be extremely cool
if Koffice could be made to remember preferences. For example, if the users
always starts a bulleted list with 3 dashes and then makes it use a certain
style of bullets, it could be done automatically. If after a while they start
to cancel this all the time (it should be undoable with the undo button, just
as if the user had done it - I just thought of that but it would be a major
advance, because auto-formatting is too hard to undo in Word), then Koffice
would learn that and stop trying it. The idea is that instead of forcing the
users to go through the options to configure it, it could learn what they do
and don't do, and enforce their style.
--
Richard Garand
krogoth2@softhome.net, r.garand@sk.sympatico.ca