List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: windows availability?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-09-09 20:02:19

On Sunday, 9. September 2001 20:20, Chris Spangler wrote:
> Sinse I am a newby - got my first computer in September of 2000 - I am just
> becoming comfortable with the Windows environment... Not as a programmer -
> just as a user! Am wondering if yoiur program will be released for Windows
> anytime soon, if ever..

No, it will not be anytime soon!

You will need a port of KDE's kdelibs to Win32 first and then you might get
some license problems if you use Trolltech's Win32 QT.

For more background information, here follows a list of matters about license
problems I have seen already discussed somewhere on Internet:

*GPL*
On http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html there is a list of
licenses compatible with GPL.

*QT Win32 Non-Commercial*
Look at this thread on KDE.news:
  http://dot.kde.org/993610099/993612541/993627800/
or this thread on kde-devel mailing list:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=99359441200001&w=2&r=1

Have a nice day/evening/night!