List:       kmymoney-devel
Subject:    KMyMoney kf5 on windows
From:       Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-01-05 22:12:49

Hello all,

I've been using kmymoney for a few years, for the past year or so I have
had my main pc running windows primarily, so I've been using the old
kdelibs4 based kmymoney on there since then. Yesterday I thought I'd take a
look at trying the latest kf5 based version since I've used it without
issue on linux fine before. I found both the nightly build installer and
the Release installer work, but fail somehow to install the kf5newstuff.dll
and kf5newstuffcore.dll. After grabbing a 64 bit build of dolphin to
provide those dlls and copying them into place it seems to work very well.
Do any of you know what I need to tweak to get the kmymoney windows
installer to include these 2 missing dlls? Does craft (or whatever is doing
the jenkins jobs) scan the dependencies by checking the cmakelists.txt
file? If so I guess adding a dependency to kmymoney's cmakelists.txt on
knewstuff would be the right approach. Otherwise I couldn't see anything
obvious in craft-blueprints-recipes git repo to get this dependency in
place (or is the kmymoney.nsi coming from some git repository I couldn't
find instead of being auto generated?)

thanks,
Jeremy

P.S. I couldn't see any knewstuff usage in the kmymoney gui on linux or
windows here, but when trying to launch kmymoney.exe it definitely fails if
the dlls are missing. Not sure where the dependency is coming from to be
honest.