On 2015.02.07 18:08, aga wrote: > When a file is being loaded, and any due schedules are being entered, > a less than helpful message may be received - > "The expected next check number %1 has already been used in > account %2." "
Do you want to replace it with the next > available number?
", num, m_account.name()) + > QString(""), i18n("Duplicate number")". > (void TransactionEditor::assignNextNumber(void)) line c.452 > > No indication is given that this relates to a schedule, nor which > schedule is involved. The same code is invoked on creating a new > transaction, but in this case, the origin is obvious. A flag could > be created that triggers an expanded message instead, but might there > be a better way? > > Please could someone suggest how best to deal with this? Obviously, > a debug message on the console could help slightly, but might not get > noticed. > > Allan Not only are console messages often not noticed, if the app is launched from a shortcut or main screen or panel icon, they may not even be displayed. Are you saying this happens during automatic processing of schedules at startup? That is certainly more of a problem than when the system asks if I want to enter an overdue schedule - in which case I do know which schedule it is for. However, could you just add "While processing schedule %x, " at the beginning of the existing message? This would not make it much longer. Also, what about adding the actual next number that would be used. I can't remember why, but I have a vague memory that would have helped me in the past - especially if the next number to be used is not simply 1 higher than what it was going to use (which can happen if you inadvertently write checks out of order). Jack _______________________________________________ KMyMoney-devel mailing list KMyMoney-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmymoney-devel