List:       kmymoney-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kmymoney-devel] Yet another OFX import issue
From:       Jack <ostroffjh () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2015-02-03 22:41:18

On 2015.02.03 06:14, aga wrote:
> On 02/02/15 23:04, Jack wrote:
>> Using OFX direct connect, I just updated an investment account.  The
>> most recent transactions imported were for 2014/12/31.  The online
>> settings have start date of import set to last update.  If I delete
>> one of the transactions from 2014/12/31 and update the account
>> again, it re-imports that transaction.  Since the last update was
>> today, I would not expect it to import anything from over a month
>> ago.
>>
>> Looking into the log (ofxlog.txt) the relevant line looks like
>> "<DTSTART>20141202" and this does not seem to change to today's date
>> after an import, whether or not it actually imports any transactions
>> as new.
>
> This being a new day, has <DTSTART>20141202" been updated to
> yesterday's date?

Not to yesterday's date, but to 20141203, which I'm guessing is 60 days
before today.  It looks like it's using the "Today minus [60] days"
setting instead of "Last update."  I believe that setting is in the kmm
file as an index, not a text value.  Do we have an "off by one" issue?
Not a typical one, as setting to a specific date works fine.  Setting
to today minus 5 days works (20150129).  Setting that back to 10 days
and then selecting "Last update" reverts to 20141203.  So it looks like
it is using the "default" of today minus 60 days if "Last update" is
checked.

I'll have to see if I can create a smaller test case.

Too bad there isn't an ofx server out there where you can set up test
accounts just for this sort of testing.

Jack