List:       kmymoney-devel
Subject:    [Kmymoney-devel] Randa wrap-up
From:       Cristian_OneČ› <onet.cristian () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-14 19:53:38

Hi,

I'd like to describe the state of the KMyMoney Frameworks 5 port after
a week in Randa.

1. From 1,097 warnings (most of them deprecation warnings) we are down
to 44 warnings.
2. From the deprecated KDELibs4Support category the only ones left to
port are KDialog and KFileDialog.
3. The plugins still need to be ported (made loadable again).
4. Because of KCalendarSystem [1] (part of KDELibs4Support) which does
not yet have a replacement in Qt (QCalendarSystem is planned in 5.4)
we can't move away totally from KDELibs4Support for a while so there
should not hurry to remove KDE4LibsSupport (as said at 1. we only
still use a couple of classes)
5. There is still code to be fixed marked with a "TODO: port KF5"
6. We made a lot of progress on the Windows platform so that the
Frameworks 5 based release should be available simultaneously on all
platforms (if Windows will also get CI by that time)

That being said I would say we will be ready for Frameworks 5 right
after releasing the master version (when the SEPA stuff will be
merged) and creating a stable branch from it. Everyone is free to try
the frameworks version and report back any issues found.

It was a lot of fun working on KMyMoney at Randa so thanks to all
KMyMoney users who donated to make this happen.

In the next couple of days I'll focus on fixing the bugs that were
confirmed after the last big triage. I haven't had time for those
because of the port.

Regards,
Cristian

[1] http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/kdelibs4support/html/classKCalendarSystem.html