List:       kmymoney-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kmymoney-devel] Reviewboard workflow
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2013-10-04 15:59:21

Hi Cristian,

actually, I want to suggest removing two lines from .reviewboardrc.

While "GUESS_FIELDS = True" is nice for creating a new review it ALSO affects the \
updating of reviews!! In my case it overwrites the already existing description, \
which I don't want to see changed every time I update the review...

The same holds for TARGET_GROUPS = "kmymoney". On updating an existing review (which \
I have been discussing only with Jack [1]) it got inadvertently immediately \
distributed to the kmymoney group specified in there! :-(

So, I don't know how to handle the case of kmymoney reviews discussed between two \
developers separately with the .reviewboardrc in place as is.

Of course, you can argument it doesn't make sense to have the default setting for \
private reviews… But the GUESS_FIELDS is not really practical, not for updates, I \
believe. Perhaps there is an option to let post-review ignore the config file?

Anyhow, our review is out now and I might just as well start discussing with all \
other interested developers, since there are questions.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/112885/