List:       kmymoney
Subject:    Re: [Kmymoney] Strange Currency Units for Mutual Funds
From:       Jack <ostroffjh () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2015-01-28 23:11:48

On 2015.01.28 12:20, timothy wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 10:51 -0500, Jack wrote:

> the
> me to
> ticker
> place.

> currency

> happens if

> Take

> cannot

> > > Are you seeing them in Tools/Currencies?  If so right click should
> > > allow
> > > deletion.  You might need to check again after you next update
> prices
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > Allan
> >
> > Isn't there some internal similarity in handling currencies and
> > investment prices?   If there are transactions using those ticker
> > symbols, I would not expect you can delete them.
> >
> > Timothy - was that popup really asking for an exchange rate, or was
> it
> > asking for the price per share of AGMM in ZAR?
> >
> > Jack
>
> Hi Allan, Jack
>
> Yes they are in Tools/Currencies and right-click gives no response or
> option at all. Jack, the attachment shows the pop-up. I cannot save
> the
> edited transaction without making some input in the pop-up as it
> continues to 'pop-up'.

Look at the title of that pop-up:  "Exchange Rate/Price Editor".  It is
asking for the price per share of AGMM.  I agree it may not be as
obvious or clear as it should be.  You did say this was a Money Market,
in which case, it may just be 1ZAR per 1 AGMM.  That would make sense
if increases/decreases in the value of your investment were done by
adding or subtracting shares, or with interest or dividend payments.
Out of curiousity - what type of transaction are you trying to enter?
Is ZAR your base currency and is it the currency specified for this
account?

Jack