List:       kmymoney
Subject:    Re: [Kmymoney] OFX transactions one at a time
From:       William K Helbig Jr <whelbig () windstream ! net>
Date:       2014-12-11 2:59:45

On 12/10/2014 08:49 PM, Jack wrote:
> Well, I confirm the behavior.  Unfortunately, I don't think there are
> any KMyMoney settings you can use to alter it.  It looks like it is the
> <STMTTRNRS> tags (with closing </STMTTRNRS>) of which there are four -
> each containing only one transaction.  I have not delved into the ofx
> spec looking for this tag, but I think it probably means Statement
> Transaction Record Set (or something like that) and I would expect one
> per file, not one per transaction.  Without looking at the spec, I can't
> be sure whether this is actually illegal OFX, or simply poor design.
>
> You might try calling for technical help from your bank, but I strongly
> suspect that will not do much, as it seems most institutions buy (or
> lease) their OFX software from someone else, and have nobody in-house
> with any technical understanding at all, beyond reading some scripts on
> how to use Quicken.  That said, it would be interesting to see what
> Quicken would do with this file.  At minimum, you might be able to
> convince them to log the call and forward it to the technical folks who
> actually support OFX for them.
>
> In practical terms, editing the OFX file might be possible, but probably
> not as simple as just removing the extra </STMTTRNRS><STMTTRNRS> pairs,
> since there are other sections repeated within them which would then
> probably be detected as superfluous.  Were you perhaps thinking about
> changing banks?
>
> I'll update if I do get any more useful information out of the spec.
>

> Jack

Thank you for taking a look and confirming the behavior. FWIW my bank =

refers this as a "Money Active Statement" download and gives this =

Download to Money=AE
Requires Money 2000=AE or higher.
An Active Statement is a file in the OFX (Open Financial Exchange) =

format, which contains transaction information that Microsoft Money can =

automatically import. When you download an Active Statement file, Money =

starts and automatically receives the file that contains the transaction =

information. You can then reconcile these transactions and enter them in =

the Account Register in Money.

See the Microsoft Money reference manual or help files for details on =

how to use the file.

I'll play with the file and see if I can eliminate the problem. I'll =

post my results at a future date.

Skip H