List:       kmdi-devel
Subject:    kdelibs
From:       dhdev () gmx ! de (Dominik Haumann)
Date:       2005-03-04 15:01:22

On Friday 04 March 2005 00:16, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> CVS commit by dhaumann:
>
> This patch does the following
> - implement splitterKeepSize correctly.
> - Internally use always highResolution due to *ugly* rounding bugs.
> - in fact, the high resolution mode never worked 100%. KDockWidget
>   always assumes a splitter position between 0..100 but it was 0..10000,
>   which lead to size-bugs undock/redock actions.

Now mainly for Quanta and KDevelop I suggest to try something like

#if KDEVERSION >= 3.4.90
manager()->setSplitterKeepSize(true);
#endif

If you now resize the mainwindow, the dockwidgets will stay in a fixed size,
and if you close the left sidebar, the right does not get bigger
(especially this was very annoying).

Cheers,
--
Dominik
GPG Fingerprint: AC88 49E3 D8A5 0541 5B71 AC6E 29AA 1696 FF64 EDBC