List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: LDAP and Kmail
From:       Marko Samastur <m () aufbix ! org>
Date:       2001-09-01 12:39:01

Hi,

I'm a bit late, but I was swamped these last few days and on top of all
that, my server was giving me troubles. Sorry.

Marko Samastur wrote:

> Dne torek 28 avgust 2001 23:08 je George Staikos napisal(a):
> > On Monday 27 August 2001 09:52, Michael Häckel wrote:
> > > BTW: Do you possibly know a puplic accessible LDAP server?
> >
> >   The one in the LDAP-URL RFC is public :)  (I don't remember the URL
> > off-hand)
>
> Thanks, it's ldap.itd.umich.edu. To get anything useful, you must use
> URL like:
> ldap://ldap.itd.umich.edu/o=University of Michigan,c=US

There's also ldap.openldap.org and now even markos.aufbix.org. For
later, the settings are:
address: markos.aufbix.org
port: 389 (don't use SSL)
server root (DN): dc=markos.aufbix, dc=org

And that's it. I've just tested with Netscape and it works fine. It
doesn't have many entries, but I guess it's better than nothing. I can
add more, just send me information. If anyone would also like to have
write access, than he should drop me an email.

For those who care, server runs openldap from 1.2 series, so it supports
only LDAP v2 protocol.

Regards,

	Marko

P.S: I have to pay for traffic that exceeds monthly limit, so I'd
appreciate it if you'll be considerate before I can find a better place
for it :)