List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Question about kmail
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-21 13:09:13

On Tuesday 21 August 2001 01:33, manu manu sauvage wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2001 00:30, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Hi Joerg,
> >
> > I don't believe either of this is supported.
>
> As a matter of fact, mutt does pretty well what Joerg
> wants. I personally read my mails with Kmail while at
> home, and with mutt through an ssh connection.

Several people have complained about mutt not being
compatible with KMail. After using mutt messages appeared
garbled in KMail. This is because mutt has modified
(compacted) mbox files, and KMail's index files have become
out of date, but KMail doesn't realize that the index file
is out of date.

This is because mutt doesn't always update the file date of
an mbox folder after it has been modified (or more
correctly mutt prevents the file date from being updated).

Do you not experience this problem? Or do you know if this
behavior of mutt been fixed?

Thanks for any info,
Don.