List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    A bunch of bugs and wishes...
From:       Per Wigren <wigren () hem ! passagen ! se>
Date:       2001-08-18 1:50:30

Hi all! I'm new to this list so here comes my initial rant of bugreports and
feature requests! :)

KMail v1.3, KDE 2.2final from Mandrake Cooker

Bugs:

* If one of the POP3 accounts fails (error in login), it doesn't download the
following.

* It doesn't compact the folders. My ~/Mail dir is close to 200MB and it's
growing FAST, since I'm playing with the filters...  I saw the notice on
kmail.kde.org, but it doesn't work! I have no Consistent=false, all of them
are set to true but it still doesn't work! :-(

Wishlist:

* Rename the default profile to something useful. My other profiles are named
"Per Wigren <wigren@hem.passagen.se>", "Per Wigren <poebblo@tjohoo.se>" and
so on, and I also want my default to look like that.

* Make the "subject", "sender", "date" etc fields the same size across the
folders. It's annoying to scan through 10 folders and the fieldsizes are
different on them all...

* Manually sort toplevel folders instead of alphabetically. I want my own
order there (sorted by topic) with "Misc" at the bottom... Separators would
also be nice...

* Select icon for folders. A bunch of provided icons would be nice, like
news, list, friend, music, programming, gaming and so on...

* Lookup a users public GPG-key from a keysearch-server by it's email.

* A special subfolder-type that creates subfolders named "2001-07" or "2001
May" or something like that and moves all mail from its parent folder from
that month there.

* A "mark all as read" shortcut.

* A banlist so I don't have to mess upp my filterlist with spam-removals.

* A "delete without retrieve" filteraction. Nice for us modemers...

* An option to ignore mail bigger than X kbytes...

That is it for now.. :-)

I also want to say THANK YOU!!! for KMail! It's the best mailreader there is!

Best regards
Per Wigren