List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KMail and vcard
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-24 7:59:02

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 06:10, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 23 July 2001 19:29, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > >    The real problem (and reason why I never implemented an attaching
> > > procedure) is that we dont' have an editting feature yet.  Once we
> > > have a method for creating them that is somehow connected to KMail
> > > profiles, it's trivial to make them auto-attachable.
> >
> > Hmm, why should we make an editting feature for this? We should simply
> > make it possible to attach KAdressbook entries as vcards.
>
>    An advanced user could do this, but the "average user" cannot.  In other
> words, I can't put my mom in front of kmail and have her figure out how to
> create and attach a vCard before giving up.  She could figure this out with
> Netscape though.

Editing addresses should be the job of KAddressbook. Please don't duplicate
this stuff in KMail. What could be done to make this easier is to integrate
it better, for example by adding a button to the identity configuration,
which pops up the editor of KAddressbook, and after completion of the editing
automatically store the information as vCard for the selected identity.