List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail from current CVS crashes
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-23 12:25:21

On Monday 23 July 2001 08:44, Mathias Waack wrote:
> kmail: contInfo.lastModified: Mon Jul 23 08:23:13 2001
> and indInfo.lastModifiedMon Jul 23 08:22:04 2001
> kmail: Critical error: /home/mathias/Mail/inbox has been
> modified by an external application while KMail was
> running. *** KMail got signal 11 (Crashing)
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kmail path = <unknown> pid =
> 28578
>
> BTW, my home dir is NFS mounted.

Yes this appears to be an nfs only problem.

> Is it possible that a
> time delay between client and server causes this error?

Rather than a time delay I would expect caching to be the
culprit. I'll search on deja/google to try to find out why
nfs reports incorrect file times.

(At least from KMail's point of view) this is a horrible
bug in nfs.

This is too severe a bug for me to believe there is not
some way around it. How does unix make(1) work on such a
broken file system?

Do you know if there is anyway to get accurate file times
for files on your file system?

Don.