List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    kio_smtp
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-07-16 9:08:38

hi...

well, i finally managed to put aside some time on the weekend to get back to
work on kmail + kio_smtp with the aim of providing smtp auth...

i have everything together and i'm using kio_smtp in "direct" mode (simply
using KIO::put, not using the scheduler for connection oriented mode). the
URL for the email is getting created properly as far as i can tell
kio_smtp keeps erroring out when trying to write the MESSAGE FROM command

so, my quick question, before i go off exploring all the possibilities is:

    is kio_smtp known to work or is it untested?

i can't see any errors in my code that would contribute to the problem i'm
seeing here (though this is my first crack at using KIO... so...), but i
really don't want to start debugging kio_smtp if it is known to work...

--
Aaron Seigo