List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Krashmail (was: re: kmail weirdness)
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-29 13:55:02

On Friday 29 June 2001 14:42, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2001 01:30, Don Sanders wrote:
> > I tried 20 times without being able to reproduce a
> > crash.
> >
> > > It always quits for me when it has printed some lines
> > > of Q> Timeout while polling pin[1]: 0
> > >
> > > I don't see these lines when it doesn't crash (or
> > > whatever it does, since no DrKonqi comes up).
> >
> > Maybe you will have better luck running KMail from gdb,
> > but then again maybe the crash will no longer be
> > reproduceable.
>
> Fortunately, it is:
>
> Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
> 0x411ea6d4 in write () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x411ea6d4 in write () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x406026b8 in __DTOR_END__ () from
> /opt/kde-HEAD/lib/libkdenetwork.so.1
> #2  0x405ee976 in KpgpBaseG::decrypt ()
>    from /opt/kde-HEAD/lib/libkdenetwork.so.1
> #3  0x405ec4cc in KpgpBase::setMessage ()
>    from /opt/kde-HEAD/lib/libkdenetwork.so.1
> #4  0x405e4e97 in Kpgp::setMessage () from

> _Un_fortunately, it doesn't say me much. E.g. what's
> _DTOR_END_()?

I don't think it's anything important. Just some cleanup
function that gets called when KMail (abnormally?)
terminates.

The part of the bt that is intersesting to me is frame2,
KpgpBaseG::decrypt()

as you guessed, this indicates a GPG problem.

> I also attached the output of strace, form the fork() in
> KMMsgBase until the crash.
>
> My main problem is that I don't really know what could
> cause a SIGPIPE, except killing the sending or receiving
> process...

I guess gpg is abnormally terminating.

This is probably related to the fact that the
at the beginning of the body of the mail.

I suspect gpg is being passed extraneous data, that is
causing it to terminate. But it is confusing that you can
only reproduce the problem sometimes and that I can't
reproduce the problem at all.

Would be nice if Ingo could see if he can reproduce it and
take a look.

Don.