List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail planned features.
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-06-29 12:40:50

On Friday, 29. June 2001 15:32, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Hey, this post was to ask _developers_ to publish their plans for KDE
> 2.3 (so that the release coordinators have a chance of setting up a
> decent schedule) :-)

I personally am still of the opinion, that I can remember myself on what
features I am working and on what features within KMail others work without
publishing that that users can remind me later, that I didn't keep what I
promised.
We have this mailing list for that.

> If you want to help _w/o_ coding, you could go through the wishlist
> items on bugs.kde.org and compile a "most wanted" list. You should
> merge duplicate wishes on the way...

Somehow I anyway get the impression, that this changes from time to time.

If you for example look at the last feature poll http://dot.kde.org/988934998
not even one user said anything about SMTP authentication for example. At
least full text search doesn't reveal it. But recently several people even
wanted to delay the release for that.
Some time ago several people considered LDAP support for the a top priority
feature, this seems to have already changed again for example.

Regards,
Michael Häckel