List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Password and mail retreval login
From:       Julian Rockey <linux () jrockey ! com>
Date:       2001-06-08 21:11:37

The only thing I can think of is that user names/passwords are often
case-sensitive and to check this. Test your POP server to using telnet - open
a terminal and type

telnet mail.tesco.net 110
user <your user name>
pass <your password>

This is what KMail will be doing for you automatically when you log in. You
can use this technique to easily see if your user name and/or password is
case-sensitive.

I'd upgrade to KMail 1.2 too, maybe there was a problem in 1.1 that was fixed.