List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail User Interface
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-05-30 14:10:56

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 13:35, Ralf Nolden wrote:
<snip>
> Hmm...I think changing the default by itself without making that
> configurable does make the most sense. Please have a look at knode
> for what I mean (nsmail and outlook express do the same as pretty
> every mail client around)
<snip>

Nod here. Shoot the old way and do it like knode. Don't make it
config'able.

> Tackat said it might be even better to display the mime-type icon of
> the file that is attatched instead of a mailsymbol showing it has an
> attatchment. What about that one ? Sounds reasonalbe and makes even
> more sense IMHO so you know exactly what you're about to open.
<snip>

NAK. What do you want to display when you have more than one
attachment? Both icons? All fifteen? Please, don't.

Just make a read/unread/read-with-attachment icon.
(Nobody said the read/unread status cannot be shown by the font used -
in addition to that icon.)

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>