List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug in kmail ?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-29 18:17:28

On Tuesday, 29. May 2001 19:51, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 May 2001 00:29, Frederic Mantegazza wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using kmail 1.2 (under KDE 2.1.1), and I sometimes receive an empty
> > mail. I use a pop server to retreive my mails so I asked the
> > administrator if the problem is on the sever.
> >
> > He found in the log file that kmail sometimes expects a mail that doesn't
> > exist (it thinks that there are 3 mails, but there are only 2 on the
> > server). Maybe a problem with the command that retreives the number of
> > mails on the server. The administrator told me that I am the only one
> > having this trouble.
> >
> > Is it a known bug in kmail ?
>
> I haven't heared of it before. Forwarding your mail to the development
> list.

I have read a similar report some time ago, but the problem was not
reproducable and I also still don't have an idea, how this can happen.

For fixing this problem I would need the network traffic that happens between
KMail and the server when this problem appears or at least the response to
the LIST command. You can watch this for example with ethereal, but you
should cut out your password, before sending a log file :-)

Regards,
Michael Häckel