List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: TLS default enabled/disabled?
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-18 8:30:17

On Friday 18 May 2001 04:13, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2001 23:39, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> > On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 09:13:19PM -0400, George Staikos wrote:
> > >    Don't forget, these are crypto "defaults" which means that the app
> > > will use these settings if it doesn't provide it's own.
> >
> > For POP3/IMAP/SMTP they fall under mail settings.  Plus I'm trying to
> > migrate those three slaves completely over to the KEMailSettings
> > profiles. It simplifies things a whole bunch.
>
> I probably already said that elsewhere for a similar issues, but I really
> would prefer, if TLS would be configurable via the URL like at least for
> the IMAP slave currently everything else.

  That can be done.  Anyone may feel free to add it.  I have put in the
crypto code (the hard part) and will be concentrating on getting certificate
handling code in place for these slaves now.  Please don't modify the code
that I have added to the slaves other than to wrap them with the URL check
though.  The other checks are still required.

--

George Staikos