On Monday 14 May 2001 22:28, Kurt Granroth wrote: > I've been working off-and-on (more off than on) for the past couple of > weeks on putting native Maildir support into KMail. It's proved to be > a little more problematic than I thought it would be due to KMail > making a *LOT* of assumptions about a "folder" being mbox style... but > I think I'm finally making some progress. > > What I did was abstract KMFolder out a bit. I tried to remove all > mailbox-type specific code into pure virtual functions. I then moved > the mbox ("local"), imap, and maildir code into derived classes. > > At this point, I have pre-alpha maildir support working. That is, > KMail will recognize if a mailbox is mbox or maildir and automatically > pick the right derived KMFolder and by the end of the day, you should > be able to create either a mbox or maildir directory. I can also > *read* the messages in a maildir folder... but very little else works > (no deleting, moveing, changing status, threading, etc). > > Since this will soon be at the stage of usefullness, I'm wondering how > to proceed. I could continue hacking as is until is *is* useful and > then bring it up again. Or I could create a KMAIL_MAILDIR branch for > anybody else that wants to hack on it. > > Or something else (temporary fork?). I'm open to suggestions. > Anybody else interested? Problem is Don and Sam are currently working on changing the mbox way from what I've heard quite drastic. I would say create a branch with _that_ changes and then apply yours to it. As they worked a lot on speeding up things I could imagine they added even more assumptions :) Greetings, Stephan -- People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. _______________________________________________ Kmail Developers mailing list Kmail@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail